Who Can Apply for a Scholarship?
1. Currently Elected Women ONLY
- Must be a currently elected female official on the state or local level
- Must have inquired if your state/county/city will pay for any of your travel and/or lodging expenses
2. Required Attendance
- Must attend all scheduled programming during the Conference
- Required attendance starts Nov. 14th at the Membership Meeting (approx. 2 pm ET) & ends after the lunch on Nov. 16th (approx. 3pm ET)
What is the approval process for the scholarship?
- As long as you meet the requirements above, you are approved for scholarship.
- You will receive an email from NFWL within 5-7 days with your scholarship approval.
Questions about scholarships? please contact NFWL at [email protected]
What does a Scholarship Cover?
- Two (2) Night stay at the Historic Frances Marion Hotel for the nights of Nov. 14th and 15th will be covered directly on NFWL’s master bill
- Any nights beyond two will be charged to your credit card in the amount of $180 + tax for a room
- Your credit card information will be required to reserve your room for incidentals and/or late cancellations
Roundtrip Coach Airfare
- Reimbursement of up to $500 total
- NOT INCLUDED IN SCHOLARSHIP: Baggage Fees, Seat Upgrades, Parking at Airport, Transportation to and from airport, etc.
- If roundtrip airfare from your state is in excess of $500 at the time of this application, please notify NFWL staff immediately to request an adjustment to your scholarship.
- Reimbursement of up to $500 total at the rate of $0.56 per mile for those who prefer to drive
- NOT INCLUDED IN SCHOLARSHIP: Gas reimbursement, Parking, Tolls, etc.
***Please note that travel reimbursement will be paid AFTER the conference, provided you have submitted all necessary travel receipts to [email protected] by the deadline of December 16, 2022.***