All 2021 Resolutions must be submitted to [email protected] by October 7th for consideration by the NFWL Policy Committee.
- Resolutions will only be considered for introduction if a presentation on the topic has been made at an NFWL event by a qualifying presenter.
- Resolution draft should be submitted to the NFWL Policy Committee no later than thirty days prior to the Annual Conference.
- A brief, one paragraph statement must accompany each resolution, providing any necessary background to understand the context.
- A limited number of resolutions will be presented at the Annual Conference, as determined by the Policy Committee.
- Only one Resolution can be introduced per issue area and it must be directly connected to the topic discussed in your session.
- NFWL reserves the right to (a) reject a proposed resolution, and/or (b) edit and produce the final version introduced to conference attendees.
- Resolutions will be formally presented for a vote during the Annual Conference. At that time, NFWL leadership will invite Q&A from legislators on each Resolution. Policy experts are strongly encouraged to be on hand to address any questions and/or concerns.
- Resolutions can only be introduced by a sitting legislator attending the conference. NFWL can assist you in obtaining legislators.
- Resolutions will be shared with legislators prior to the vote.
- The vote will occur via a voice vote and/or electronic voting. Results will be announced immediately.
For more information, contact: Brenna Kehew Sculley at [email protected] or (401) 578-0389.