The Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are in marketing and communications, with the addition of managing special projects for the National Foundation for Women Legislators. The Communications and Special Projects Coordinator will work with management and program staff to develop and implement communications and marketing strategies, and be responsible for maintaining consistency in the foundation’s messaging to diverse audiences. The Coordinator will also manage the foundation’s social media accounts, e-newsletter, and website.
The Communications and Special Projects Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Membership- Policy & Programs.
- Coordinates with NFWL Strategist of Membership Development to develop the communications & marketing plan
- Develops and manages a day-by-day communications calendar for the organization
- Oversees the editorial process and execution for the generation of email blasts, news releases, social media, newsletters, videos, event recaps, marketing materials, etc.
- Works strategically to enhance the foundation’s website; ensuring it is credible, up to date, easy to use and resourceful for members and sponsors
- Coordinates with the Director of Membership to ensure policy & program related activities are updated in a timely manner
- Develops and manages all website sign up/registration forms for various foundation events
- Assists program staff in the management of all foundation databases
- Manages the operations and implementation of special projects for the foundation
- Assists with the operations and implementation of the Annual Conference
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, English/journalism, or a related communications field
- 1 – 2 years of marketing, communications, media or public relations experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated interest in politics and women empowerment
- Familiarity with Windows and Mac operating systems, HTML or CSS, Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop. Experience with Mail Chimp or other email marketing system, Highrise or other CRM database, WordPress, managing websites and social media sites preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple individuals and manage several projects at once
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Allison Jensen at [email protected]